- Bringing safe and
- KCC produces and distributes a variety of insulation materials, such as mineral wool, glass wool, and ceramic fibers, which have excellent insulation effects in various construction and industrial facilities.
KCC’s insulation materials are non-flammable and do not produce toxic gases in cases of fire since they are made from an inorganic ore. In addition, they are the most sought-after materials in various construction and industrial facilities due to their excellent constructability and economic efficiency. In addition, KCC produces and distributes zip codes and fire masks to ensure fire safety pertaining to the steel structures.
An Overview of Glass Wool
GlassWool Characteristics It is produced using the high-speed centrifugal rotary process that turns glass materials into fabrics after melting the raw materials for glass at a high temperature. It is a fabric insulation material made from an artificial inorganic mineral moulded into a specific shape with a binder. It has excellent thermal insulation, heat resistance, and sound absorption since it is made of inorganic materials. It is smooth as cotton, maximizes the fiber collection volume per meter, and guarantees a semi-permanent service life. It is an essential product for all kinds of buildings that need thermal insulation and sound absorption since it can be easily cut with a knife and manufactured in various sizes.
Unlike organic insulation materials that refine and process petroleum multiple times, KCC’s glass wool uses silica (sand) as the main ingredient and does not produce any pollutants, such as Freon gas and volatile organic compounds. It is an eco-friendly product that contributes to conserving energy resources and curbing global warming since it consumes less energy than organic insulation materials through its lifecycle.
- Heat/Cold Retention and Thermal Insulation
- It has excellent insulation properties since it blocks the heat transmission by micro-segmenting the air layer.
- It can easily be applied to any area since it can be easily cut with a knife or scissors due to its thinness and flexibility.
- Economic Efficiency
- It is an energy-efficient insulation material that features dew condensation prevention and heat loss prevention.
- It does not burn since it is a non-flammable product that has passed the national and international tests as an inorganic fabric thermal insulation material.
- It is excellent at preventing the new home syndrome since it minimizes the emission of pollutants, such as HCHO and TVOC.
- Sound Absorption
- It blocks all kinds of noise since a fine and uniform fabric forms continuous micro-pores.
|White||It is an eco-friendly product that does not emit HCHO, an inddor indoor pollutant, and effectively prevents the new home syndrome.||Core material for walls, ceilings, and curtain walls|
|Low-E||It is a highly efficient product that has better thermal insulation properties than the existing glass wool. It is a highly functional, eco-friendly thermal insulation material that meets the criteria for thermal insulation required by eco-friendly buildings.||Core material for walls, ceilings, and curtain walls|
|Clean Roll||It is a scroll-shaped product that features excellent compression elastic recovery that makes it easy to transport and store. It is easily constructable even on convoluted complex layout patterns simple and easy.||Heat retention/insulation for construction and industrial thermal facilities (tank, duct, etc)|
|Clean Board||It is a product moulded into a plate shape and is used for construction and industrial purposes due to its excellent strength, durability, insulation/sound absorption properties.||Core material for walls, ceilings, and curtain walls as well as thermal insulation for sound-proof walls|
|Clean Panel||It is a plate-shaped product that can minimize property damage and personal injury in cases of fire since it does not burn, unlike a sandwich panel that uses organic heartwood.||Core material for walls and sandwich panels for roofs|
|Clean Cover [Pipe Cover]||It is a plumbing product wrapped in kraft paper that is used as a high-performance insulation material with excellent vapor resistance and water-leakage prevention.||Heat retention/insulation materials for construction and industrial pipes|
|Self Cover [Pipe Cover]||it is a product wrapped in silver craft foil reinforced with yarn for better constructability. Construction and finishing can be completed simultaneously since double-coated tape is attached to the end point of a finishing material.||Heat retention/insulation materials for construction and industrial pipes.|
|Clean Mat||It is a thermal insulation material wrapped in a moisture-resistant film for dew condensation prevention. It is easily constructible and economical since it does not need the additional moisture-resistant layer that is required under the energy efficiency design standards.||Core material for walls, ceilings, and curtain walls|
|Sound Absorption Board||It has excellent sound absorption properties due to its sound-absorbing micro-pores that convert acoustic pressure energy generated from various noise sources into friction energy when acoustic pressure energy passes through its continuous micro-pores.||Sound-absorption finishing materials for houses, broadcasting studios, machine rooms, and air-conditioning rooms|
An Overview of KCC’s Mineral Wool
GlassWool Characteristics It is produced using the high-speed centrifugal rotary process that turns glass materials into fabrics after melting the raw materials for glass at a high temperature. It is a fabric insulation material made from an artificial inorganic mineral moulded into a specific shape with a binder.
It has excellent thermal insulation, heat resistance, and sound absorption since it is made of inorganic materials. It is smooth as cotton, maximizes the fiber collection volume per meter, and guarantees a semi-permanent service life. It is an essential product for all kinds of buildings that need thermal insulation and sound absorption since it can be easily cut with a knife and manufactured in various sizes,. volume per meter, and guarantees a semi-permanent service life. It is an essential product for all kinds of buildings that need thermal insulation and sound absorption since it can be easily cut with a knife and manufactured in various sizes.
- Heat Retention & Thermal Insulation
- It blocks heat effectively by forming even more micro-pores since it is manufactured using the rapidly spinning centrifugal method.
- Durablility & Weather Resistance
- It is semi-permanent and hygienic since it is a chemically stable inorganic material that does not decompose or discolor.
- Non-flammability & Heat Resistance
- It is used in fire-proof and heat-resistant buildings since it does not burn and is safe at high temperatures.
- Sound Absorption
- It blocks all kinds of noises since due to it’s fine and uniform glass fabric forms continuous micro-pores.
- It can be easily installed in any place and for any purpose since it is light and can be easily cut with ordinary tools.
- It prevents the new home syndrome effectively since it does not emit pollutants, such as HCHO and TVOC.
|Heat Retention Plate||It can be widely used according to need since it is available in various types and sizes and has excellent heat resistance, retention/insulation, sound absorption properties.||Heat retention/insulation and sound absorption for construction and industrial uses|
|Heat Retention Tub||It is suitable for heat retention/insulation for pipes and plumbing facilities since it can be easily installed and has excellent shock resistance and thermal insulation.||Heat retention/insulation for various types of plumbing equipment|
|Blanket||It is a scroll-shaped product that features excellent heat retention/insulation and sound absorption properties. It can be easily installed even complex layout patterns simple and easy.||Heat retention/insulation of house ceilings, ducts, tanks, and equipment|
|Wired Blanket||It is a flexible product that features excellent super-heat insulation at high temperatures as well as vibration resistance. It is an optimal product for heat retention/insulation for convoluted-shaped thermal equipment.||Heat retention/insulation of large-scale pipes, tanks, and vessels|
|Lamela Mat||It is suitable for heat retention/insulation for large-scale facilities since it has excellent compressive strength and can be easily installed.||Heat retention/insulation of large-scale pipes, tanks, and vessels|
|Loose Wool||It is a bulk type product for spraying installations and filling installations. It is suitable for irregular-shaped equipment and as insulation in various types of buildings.||Filling insulation for the inside of partition walls and industrial facilities|
|Hi Wool||It is KCC's unique product and is uesd in a A-class fire-proof structures under SOLAS (The Convention for the Safety of Life at Sea). It has obtained official certificates from the classification societies of a number of countries.||Heat retention/insulation of the decks and partition walls of vessels|
An Overview of KCC’s Cerak Wool
Cerak Wool Characteristics Cerak Wool is a spun ceramic fiber of super-high temperature fire-proof material produced using KCC’s up-to-date spinning method. Having been the first company in Korea to develop ceramic fibers, KCC has now successfully developed and been producing spun fiber of better quality than the blown fiber produced through the existing blowing method. It has excellent tensile strength and physical properties thanks to its longer fibers compared to blown fiber.
- High-Temperature Stability: maximum service temperature is 1260 for the Cerak Wool 1300 blanket and 1430 for the Cerak Wool HTZ blanket.
- Low-Heat Conductivity: low-heat conductivity at high temperatures provides excellent thermal insulation.
- Low-Heat Storage: reduces heat loss resulting from heat storage in furnace ashes since it stores less heat due to it being smaller than refractory bricks.
- Light Weight and Flexibility: it can be installed in any place due to its lightness and flexibility.
- Chemical Stability: consisting of high-purity silicone and alumina, it is chemically stable and very resistant to chemicals, such as acids and alkalis.
- Economic Efficiency: It's excellent insulating effect makes it fuel-efficient and reduces the thickness of a furnace, resulting in larger effective areas. In addition, its better workability saves labor costs by shortening the application period, and it is cost-effective since it is easy to maintain.
|1300 Bulk Fiber
HTZ Bulk Fiber
|Are products made into a fabric after melting silica and alumina. They are used as an insulation and filling for the ceilings and walls of various furnaces due to excellent flexibility, heat resistance, and shock absorption Expansion joint fillings and insulation in various furnace walls||Expansion joint fillings and insulation in various furnace walls|
|1300 Bulk Fiber
HTZ Bulk Fiber
|Are products moulded into a blanket shape through needle punching after laminating the fibers. They are used as a super-heat insulation material due to their lightness, flexibility, and easy workability.||High-heat insulation material (electric furnace, diffusion furnace)|
|1100 Felt||It is a ceramic fiber product that can be used at below 1,100℃. It comes in two forms: plate and scroll.||. Lining material for the insulation in furnace ceilings and walls|
|Wet Felt||It is a product that maintains a wet state since it is manufactured through the method of impregnating inorganic binders in a blanket and a felt and putting them in a polyethylene bag. It can be cut and moulded to your requirements.||Insulation material for a diffusion furnace and purifier of automobile emissions|
|Hard Board||It is a product moulded into a plate shape after processing fibers with organic and inorganic binders. It has a strong surface and can be used as long as the air velocity inside the furnace does not exceed 30m/sec.||Back-up material for the insulation in furnace ceilings and walls|
|Paper||It is a product moulded into a paper form by adding inorganic and organic binders to the bulk fiber. It has excellent workability due to its flexibility and excellent heat resistance at high temperatures.||Gasket for combustion appliances and water boilers|
|Module System||It is a product moulded into a block shape by folding cerak wool blankets in an automatic folding machine and compressing them more than 30 percent.||Used in a heating furnace, melting furnace, analyzing furnace, and heat treatment furnace|
|Vacuum-Formed Product||It is a vacuum-formed product made by processing cerak wool according to use and need and adding organic/inorganic binders to it. It can be manufactured into various shapes.||Various gaskets and boiler's combustion chamber|
|Textile||It is a product made of bulk fiber-based yarn. It uses glass fiber filaments or stainless wire as duramen due to its weak tensile strength.||Cable insulation material and gasket wrapping material|
|Moldable||It is ceramic fiber in a paste form and is mainly used for lining materials or for the repair of fire-resistant structures. It is used for areas that touch molten metal since it does not absorbed by non-ferrous metals.||Insulation of aluminum melting furnace's runner and distribution pan|
|Rope||It is produced using a blanket strip as heartwood, and it comes in two types: braided rope and twist rope.||Sealing of the areas adjacent to the furnace door and the burner|
|Cerak Wool New-Bio 1100 1300||1300 It is a product that meets the criteria of "The Textile Regulatory Commission of the European Union," which assesses the toxicity of textiles. It is an eco-friendly and non-toxic super-heat insulation material that, in cases of inhalation, dissolves rapidly in the human body and is readily eccreted.||Super-heat insulation material (electric furnace, diffusion furnace) and heat resistant material (H-class) for vessels|
It is a highly-efficient, next-generation insulation material that applies an aluminum barrier film to the glass wool core material.
Its thermal conductivity is below 0.003 W/mk, and its insulation effect is ten times better than that of an A-class (below 0.034W/mk) insulation material.
It does not cause any convection or thermal transmission since its inside is in an ultra-high vacuum state. Its barrier film has excellent insulation properties due to its radiation reflectivity.
- High Efficiency/High Performance
- Its insulation effect is ten times better than that of ordinary organic/inorganic insulation materials.
- High Durability
- An accelerated test has proved that it can maintain it is durable for at least 30 years.
- Enhanced Spatial Efficiency
- It can reduce the insulating thickness by up to 90 percent due to its excellent insulation properties.
- Ultra-High Vacuum State
- It is an excellent insulation material in the ultra-high vacuum state since it is manufactured using a vacuum packing treatment involving air-tight encapsulants and getters.
- A sand-based inorganic insulation material (glass wool that does not contain organic binders) does not burn at all. In addition, an aluminum-based barrier film can minimize damage in case of fire.
- Multiple Uses
- It can be applied to refrigerators/freezers/exterior and interior insulation in buildings/automobiles/vessels due to its various characteristics.
|Product||Fire Resistance||Conductivity[W/mK]||Density[kg/㎥]||Standard Specs[㎜]|
|V-Pac 2.0||Semi non-combustible||Below 0.002||270~290||10~20||450, 550||1200, 1500|
It is an insulation material whose inside has gone through a vacuum packing treatment with a core material inside an air-tight encapsulant. Its thermal insulation effect is five to ten times better than that of the existing insulation materials.
Principles of Insulation
- Its vacuum insulation effect is better than that of the air. <- Convection/thermal transmission does not occur in vacuum.
- Its barrier film reflects ambient radiation.
It can reduce the thickness of the insulation materials used in building since its insulation effect is ten times better than that of the existing insulation materials.
High-Insulation Building System
Insulating Joiner System to Block Thermal Bridges
- Patent Name: insulating Joiner System to Block Thermal Bridges
- Patent Date: September 14, 2009
- Patent Number: 20-2009-0012053
It is a system, with enhanced thermal transmission/insulation and workability, designed to block the thermal-bridge phenomenon that occurs around vacuum insulation panel's joiners.
Dry Wall Insulation System Integrated with VIP (Vacuum Insulation Panel)
- Patent Name: Dry Wall Insulation System with Joiner and Clip
- Patent Date: May 24, 2011
- Patent Number: 20-2011-0004512
It is a dry wall system integrated with VIP that was designed to improve workability and a building's energy-efficiency since a vacuum insulation panel and a dry wall have been integrated.